Join us at the 10th May Farmers Market, 8.30 til 12.30pm in the open space behind the Orange Art Gallery & Library cnr March & Peisley Streets, Orange or at the SHOWGROUND IF IT IS WET OR WET UNDER FOOT.
Great entertainment from the Orange Regional Conservatorium.
We're celebrating the Orange Apple Festival. You'll be able to taste & try the apple in all its forms – we'll showcase apple pies, pastries, slices, sweet treats, toffee apples, fresh apple juice, a range of ciders, apple jams & jellies.
- Apple Bobbing
- Apple Slinkies
- Meet the Pink Lady Apple
- Art display on the walls of the market
- Taste the District's Cider - Sample Small Acres Cyder, Suspicious Squirrel Apple Cider, Borrodell Heritage Apple Cider & the private collection of Sacred Valley Apple Cider
- Hot Apples & Cinnamon Cream with Lesley Russell - 9.00am -10am @ orchardists Steve & Lou Mastronardi’s Stall
- Eat Your History - Meet ‘The Cook and the Curator’ food blogger & food gastronome Jacqui Newling at this fascinating look at our food history, the value of old recipes as references and the relationship between food, technology and society. Find ‘lost’ or forgotten favourites, apple charlotte, apple snow, sago puddings and heritage apple varieties. Sessions: 10.00am, 10.30am, 11.00am 11.30am Bookings 0425 259350
- Recipe Swap – bring your favourite apple recipes to the market – we’re putting together Orange Apple Heritage Recipes. Let us feature your recipe, learn their origin, why you love to cook them & who you cook them for.
A gold coin donation gets you through the gates.
Remember to visit us on Facebook and then 'like us'. That way, you'll get info on what's in season, what we're up to and all the news from the region.